Sunday, August 14, 2016

Week 1 : August 10, 2016 - Things are going well

Hey guys!

Its great to hear how everyone is doing back home. Tell Becca good job on cleaning the Beige, even if she was slightly excessive with how many chlorox wipes she used. It sounds like Garrett and Brad had fun at Grandmas. Garrett really stood out with his yellow shorts, but its exactly what I would expect from him. 

Things are going pretty well here. Today was our first P-day, as the first day didn't count as one, so for the next 8 weeks Ill be able to email on Wednesdays. However, Japan seems to be an Ipad mission, so I can technically read emails any day of the week. Japanese class is really consuming, but at the same time extremely fun. Most days we just have a solid 3 hour block of full immersion in the mornings, and then we get to teach a Japanese investigator in the afternoon. Its weird to say, but we have already taught four 15-20 minute lessons in practically full Japanese. It just goes to show that as we are obedient, the Lord will bless us with skills we didn't even know we had. I know for me, this is the most comfortable I have ever felt speaking the language, even though I should have been pretty good after 3 years of class.

Another amazing thing that happened while we were here was the chance to hear Elder Neil L. Anderson speak last night. It was a fun address, and he aimed to show everyone that the Lord will prepare investigators wherever he sends you. It really echoed what we have been told since we came into the MTC, which is that Japan is no longer just a 'seed planting' mission, but is now a 'harvesting mission'. I find it funny how much they aim to change our mindset, but at the same time, I fully agree that you can only find what you are looking for, so you need to believe you can find them. I guess I'm kinda torn on the idea.

My district is pretty good, and I am attaching a picture of us in our classroom. There is only one other Elder who went to school first, and it was BYU, but he's a really nice guy, so it doesn't really matter. What is funny is just how some people react to being away from home. It's funny that I am not the Elder that is most upset by all the regulations here. To be fully honest, they don't really bother me, because I do or want to do at least half the things anyways. I know that I feel really relaxed and capable of living out here, as I have already been away for a year, and I think that some people don't quite feel the same way. I am personally really glad to have had the chance to go to school first. Also, on the topic of school, my friend from TJ, Elder Bastian, is actually going to be transferring to VT when we get back home. Sadly for me, he plans on getting married shortly thereafter, so we wont be in the same ward, but it will still be nice to have another person I know I can trust at the school. 

I love you all, and am glad to have the chance to be out here serving. It has been a great experience so far, and I'm sure that it can only go up.

With Love,
Elder Mitchell Woodhouse


No comments:

Post a Comment