Sunday, March 26, 2017

Week 34: March 27, 2017 - Greetings from...

Hey everybody,

I'll start with the biggest news I've had in a while, at least
Pertaining to me. Due to various things, one being Elder Erickson
being called as a trainer, I am no longer in Omuta! 6 weeks and
shipped out, and it was all way too fast. I have a few pictures from
the last pday, where I crammed as much history as possible, but
suffice it to say that I'll miss it. However, because I had to leave,
I am now on...

Okinawa!

Crazy how quickly things change. So while I won't be able to send any cherry blossom pictures, I'll send some of the beach, and the greenery as soon as I get down to them. My new companion is Elder Sherrill, so I'll probably have some pictures of him and the other elders in the apartment, Elder Barker and Elder Mizukawa, sooner or later, as well. Sorry to disappoint, I know I promised flowers last week!

Leaving Omuta was a big surprise, and it was a touch hard. For starters, we had only just started expanding our horizons, and spent last pday looking at old coal mines, white tigers, and famous okonomiyaki. But the harder part is leaving the people, like Kodzuma (pictured) and Ippo, who are both preparing for baptism, and becoming more Christlike every day. And the members, who I got to know well because they were all so helpful. I can't think of a time where we didn't get help that we needed, where people didn't rearrange their lives to help the missionaries. So it was sad, even after such a short time.

But, now I have more members and more missionaries to work with! As part of Okinawa, we are right next to Kadena Air Force base, and so besides the Japanese ward we get to serve in, we also serve in the Gushikawa military branch. So lots of English, lots of Japanese, and lots of fun. I've only been to church once, but everyone in the area is very nice, and from the time I got here on Thursday, we haven't had to cook a single meal in the apartment, nor eat a meal with just missionaries. It's surprising to be here, but I'm ready to work hard and try to love the members as much as they already seem to love me.

That's the big news for this week, thanks for all the love, prayers, and letters. Love you all!


Elder Mitchell Woodhouse








No comments:

Post a Comment