Thursday, May 25, 2017

Week 41: May 14, 2017 - Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to everyone out there!

It might be a little late, but you can never thank your mother, or any
of the mothers and women of the world too much for all that they do. I
can promise that I am eternally grateful for the role they have played
in my life so far.

Besides the big news from Mothers Day, the past week has been pretty
standard. Due to varying events, I got to work with Elder Mizukawa for
most of the week, followed by Zone training and at last a day with my
actual companion, Elder Dibble. It was a great way to wrap up the
week, as we ended up finding a couple people with interest in learning
why we do what we do. Why are 19 and 20 year olds leaving home, in
rain, snow, and sun? Why do people still believe in Christ, 2000 years
after his crucifixion? How can this knowledge help me? I love getting
to talk to these people, because I know it can help. Jesus Christ may
have been killed about 2000 years ago, but he was resurrected, and
lives now. It is that life that blesses each and every one of us,
because only through our Savior can we too find peace throughout
eternity. That is why we are here, that is why I'm in Japan, and that
is why I love each and every moment of it.

Sorry to keep it short this week, but I promise I'll send some more
next week. I love all of you!

From the tropical island of Okinawa,
Elder Mitchell Woodhouse


No comments:

Post a Comment