Thursday, May 25, 2017

Week 40: May 8, 2017 - Basketball for Days

Hey everyone!

I guess I spilled the big news from last week, but Elder Dibble came
in from Kumamoto last week! It's way exciting to get to work with him,
because I'd already met him once when I was in Omuta, but mainly
because he is ready to work. And after a couple weeks of teaching
nonstop, some slower paced door knocking has been long missed. Sadly,
he will be heading up to Fukuoka this week for leadership training
with Elder Barker, so I won't even get to work with him this week, but
it's a start. Of course, I'll have another five weeks after this, so
we are ready to roll!

With that said, and the big news being transfers, the only other news
I have was a surprise split with Elder Rowe, who is in the neighboring
area. Due to his companion leaving, I got to go down and keep him
company on transfer day until his companion came. It was fun for me,
because he was in the apartment when I was in Yamaguchi, and I loved
getting back together with him, even if just for a day. We spent the
entire day outside, talking to everyone we could, and as a result,
there are two more people in the world that might come to church, that
are willing to meet missionaries more, to know how they can be blessed
through the gospel, through living prophets, through personal
communication with God. Of course, two of 7,000,000,000+ isn't a large
number, but being a missionary reminds me of a commons quote. "To the
world, you may be but one person, but to one person, you may be the
world". Obviously a single missionary can't be himself change
everything in the world, teach every person. But bit by bit, step by
step, and person by person the army of God is marching forth. I'm so
glad to be marching as part of it, to bring His truth to the world.

Sadly, that's really all I did the past week. Next week is Mother's
Day, so congratulations to all the amazing mothers in the world! In
honor of that, I might have more to say then! Love you all!


Elder Mitchell Woodhouse



No comments:

Post a Comment