Friday, October 6, 2017

Week 58: September 11, 2017 - Feels like I'm new again

Hey everybody!

After spending a long, long time on a boat, Elder Johnson and I
finally made it to and back from Fukuoka, and we are now up to a four
man apartment once more! It was one of the oddest things of my
mission, because we spent a solid three days on travel. But it's been
worth it. Elder Zeller, my new companion, is amazing! He's fresh out
of Indiana, and ready to work. So I'm really excited for the time we
will have together! There is also the benefit of working with someone
new to the field, as he pushes me everyday to be better, and I'm
flooded with thoughts of my first transfers in Yamaguchi with Elder
Welch.

The cool thing is that even on the boats and busses we were able to be
missionaries. On the way home, we ran into a couple of hitchhikers
from Tokyo, going all the way down to Okinawa, and then flying up to
Hokkaido. So we caught them halfway through their journey, but were
able to have a great conversation about what we do as missionaries,
and how they can learn more by reading the Book of Mormon. Even though
we can't meet with them, they both promised to read, and I know that
it will change and bless their lives as they read.

Besides that, Amami is still doing great. We are blessed by the Lord
each and every day, because He lives, and loves all of His children. I
love being out here and working, and I appreciate all the help, love,
and support you all send my way.

Love you all!
Elder Woodhouse

No comments:

Post a Comment