Friday, October 6, 2017

Week 60: September 25, 2017 - Stomachs in my stomach

How's everyone doing?

It's great to get to email again, and hear about all of your lives. I
hope that all of you continue to have success and good fortune, and
enjoy it as much as I'm enjoying the tropical island of Amami. It
amazes me every day how much of a difference taking a step back can
have. On Wednesday, Elder Zeller and I packed a lunch to save some
time, and we walked a minute from where we were to eat on the beach.
Things like that, just stopping to smell the roses, to enjoy the land
that God has created for us, are amazing opportunities.

That about sums up how the past week has been, with small things like
that to give us the energy to keep moving on. We had yakiniku with
some of the members on Tuesday, where I introduced Elder Zeller to the
internal organs of something. It's a problem when you can't read quite
everything, but we are pretty sure our trip involved heart and stomach
of either a pig or a cow, among the normal slices of meat. But the
entire trip was another chance to get to meet and work with the
members, and strengthen both our faith, and theirs.

Another interesting thing was one of my Eikawa students, who is
leaving to Australia next month. It was her last Eikawa, but no one
told us, so we didn't even get to have a party. I guess it's a simple
reminder that things we expect, don't always happen, and you need to
expect the unexpected.

God guides us, sometimes in large ways, but most of the time in the
small, simple things, things we rush by, we push aside to coincidence,
or simply forget about. I can promise that He is in all of them, and
loves each of us dearly.

Love you all,
Elder Woodhouse




No comments:

Post a Comment