Sunday, December 3, 2017

Week 70: December 4, 2017 - Ishigaki!

Well, like some of you have said, I'm officially getting no snow for Christmas!

After getting off the plane to transfer down here, I immediately had
to shed my jacket and suit coat, which I wore down to save space. I've
since found occasion to put them back on, primarily because suit
season started with December, but the weather is beautiful, and from
the little bits I've seen, so is the island. Sadly, I don't have my
bike yet, so we haven't been exploring, but I'll make sure to get some
good pictures once we get around!

Like I mentioned last time, the upcoming transfer I'll be privileged
to work with Elder Arnold, who came to Japan with Elder Zeller. He's
from California/Hawaii, depending on the day, and he is crazy
energetic. There is not a person we see that doesn't get a full does
of the restoration of the gospel as part of their day. I love it! The
craziest thing for me is that this is my first companion to do that.
In the past three days I've already learned so much from him about
what I can do to be better, and it feels like he is breaking me,
instead of me breaking him into missionary life. So I'm way excited.

And because of Elder Arnold and Bacons (the Elder I replaced) hard
work, the Lord is working miracles on this island. Specifically, one
of our investigators,  Masako, has been struggling with family
problems, and never been able to come to church. But after our lesson
on Friday, she really took the promises of the Lord to heart, read
from Moroni 7, and out of the blue called us the next day, saying she
would be there on Sunday. And of course, she came. Once more, I've had
to find room in a heart bursting with gratitude to make space for the
Book of Mormon. There is a power in it greater than any man has, for
it truly is Gods words for us, and through it are miracles wrought.
I'm jumping right into the middle of an amazing work and wonder here
on Ishigaki, and I'm excited for where it takes me!

Love you all, thanks so much for the love and prayers!
Elder Woodhouse

P.S. I got the package from Mom and Dad

Another addition: 
I meant to attach this to my group email. My travel was a boat, and a train, and a plane, over the course of about 30 hours. It was crazy to be alone for so long, but I think it was a good experience. Thanks for the emails!



No comments:

Post a Comment