Thursday, September 15, 2016

Week 6: Sept 14, 2016 - Guess What?



Hey Guys!

I think I'll start out with the big news from last week, which is that we got to hear from not just one, but two more apostles! M. Russel Ballard came to the MTC on Sunday in a surprise visit, and Quentin L. Cook came last night. Cook was almost more unexpected though, because Dallin H. Oaks talked at BYU that morning, so everyone thought he would just come over here afterwards. But, everything worked out great, and we got to hear two great talks, as well as sing in the choir, so it was pretty fun. Both of them talked a lot about our calling as missionaries, and the important work we carry on our back. This is the one time in life that we are able to spend 24/7 working for the Lord, and its up to us to make the most of it. I know its going to be difficult, but this is one of the times that you need faith before you will see any results. Between their talks and some of the other messages I have heard, that is one thing that I can testify of for sure. 

On a less spiritual note, the MTC is still holding up to par. I've mentioned before how much I love it here, but I think I'm now at the point I can say I'll miss it a little. Not much, because I'll be replacing it with Japan, and Japanese food, but a little. I think everyone I knew outside of my district has left now (Sister Goold was the last, yesterday morning), so it will be easier to leave, but we will be leaving our kouhai, and the new kouhai that are coming in today. We'll also be leaving a pure learning environment. As odd as it sounds, I have loved learning Japanese all day long. It can get difficult, but even after 6 weeks I can already see dividends paying off. Once we get in country, we lose that little safety bubble. I look forward to being in Japan, but popping that bubble will be an entry to a whole new world, and its going to hurt.  

As a district nothing really crazy happened last week. Lessons have been crazy and nonstop, but everyone is picking Japanese up. I guess the worst thing that we've got ourselves up to is speaking 90% in Japanese for lunches. Its a great idea in principle, but in practice, we all know so little that it can be both quite and hectic, as we try to figure out what was said. We also figured out that I seem to have a bone to pick with my pillow, because the last few nights I've woken up in the morning and its on the floor. Supposedly I've also started talking after throwing it over, because Elder Nukaya says that he heard me ask for another one. I don't remember any of this, but I can completely see this happening, just like senior year where I could wake up, turn off my alarm, and get back to bed without ever waking up or remembering it. But if that's the worst that's happening, I think things are going pretty good. 

Sleepwalking & Poor Sleeping Habits


As a last note, I'm sorry that I don't have a good picture for this week. I've been trying to figure out how to connect my camera, but I think I might need the usb cord for the first time using it. Really I just left everything but the camera in my room, so I'll look into it and sent more next week. Thanks for all the pictures and notes though! It sounds like Becca is set up for a really good season!

Love you all,
Elder Mitchell Woodhouse




No comments:

Post a Comment