Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Week 8: September 28, 2016 - Last Email from the MTC

Hey guys!

Just a heads up, this is going to be a shorter email than usual. We
haven't had that much new news, and mostly have spent the last week
working on getting ready to leave. For class, this has meant a lot
more teaching, and more full Japanese lessons. It also has meant that
we get to learn about the culture, so in theory we will hit the ground
and be able to start off fine. In practice, I think it will help, but
we have so much new information coming in I think we might be slightly
overloaded.

The most exciting thing from last week was getting flight plans on
Friday! When we pulled them out of the mailbox, it sent the entire
zone into chaos, not really because we didn't expect them, but because
it made the trip get real really fast. In total, I think we have about
70 missionaries leaving for Japan on Monday, so it's going to be
really fun. It's also going to be about 20 hours of flying, so more
fun there.

Last thing from last week is an update on our song. As of now, we
didn't get asked to perform for anything, so most likely we aren't
going to perform for the entire MTC. But, we might sing for our
Branch, and I'll try to send a recording one of the other guys got. It
was fun to learn, even though I don't sign great, but it felt like a
great use of time.

It sounds like everything is going great at home. I'll think of you
guys as we watch all 10 hours of conference. Hopefully I get to email
next week, and the next time you hear from me I should be in Japan!

Love,
Elder Mitchell Woodhouse




No comments:

Post a Comment