Monday, January 29, 2018

Week 72: December 18, 2017 - Almost Christmas!

I can't believe how fast time is going! This past week I got Christmas
cards from the Mitchell's and the Woodhouse's, and I kept thinking to
myself that everything was coming early. But, here we are, one week
until the celebration of our Saviors birth, and I feel like I haven't
even got ready! Thank you all so much for everything you sent out, and
more than the gifts, for the example you have all been in my life. I
know that you all are lighting the world just by living every single
day, and it's amazing to have built upon that foundation.

The crazy thing from Japan right now is the fact the took us off the
island! For zone conference, we flew up to Naha, on the main island of
Okinawa, and got to do interviews with Kaicho and participate
face-to-face in the conference. What was really cool for me was the
chance to work with Elder Coleman on Thursday, in the little time we
had before conference started. We went through the MTC together, but
haven't really had the chance to meet and talk in over a year. I guess
that might not be long in the real world, but it feels really long
here. Just talking with him, it was clear how much the missionary
experience has already molded him into one of the Lords leaders. We
are obviously both 20 year old kids still, but as we do the Lords
work, He grants us a special spirit, a guiding hand, something that
cannot fail. I was able to see that in Elder Coleman, and I hope that
I have also been able to cultivate that attitude in myself throughout
my time in His service.

And that personal growth is going to be really important, because we
just received landslide news from church headquarters. Effective
immediately, our mission, and I believe many worldwide, has been
approved to use the internet to continue on with the work of
salvation! In practical terms, that means that we have been asked, by
a prophet of God, speaking for God himself, to dust off our facebook
accounts, make Line accounts, and spend part of our time teaching
using these resources.  To be fully honest, I'm not 100% sure what it
means yet. If you have questions, I would refer you to the 'online
proselyting' tab of the 'missionary' section of gospel library,
because that will answer it better than I can. But what I do know is
that these tools will help us reach people we've never reached before.
People like Harada, who I talked about last week, who can't take the
time to meet in person, but have a phone on them all the time. People
like the youth of the world, who kinda just do things whenever the
feel like it (not that easy for missionaries). So I'm excited. The
Lord is hastening His work, and to be a part, to do my best to follow
Him, is an amazing experience in my life.

Love you all, can't wait to talk to you in person next week! As
always, I'll try to answer any questions you send my way! Don't be
worried when you see facebook active!

With love from Ishigaki,
Elder Mitchell Woodhouse


No comments:

Post a Comment