Thursday, August 3, 2017

Week 51: July 24, 2017 - I'm Off!

Hello to everyone!

As you may realize, by the delayed email, it's that time of the
transfer again! Today was the day of transfer calls, and after just
over four months, I'm leaving! Kinda a surprise, because Elder Ishizu
and I were right in the swing of things, and have Sachiko and Takuya's
baptism coming up on Saturday, but if it's the will of the Lord for me
to leave, that's what I'll do. However, I'm not going to leave the
island life behind for that long, because starting Thursday night I
will be on the island of Amami Oshima, after a day long boat ride from
Okinawa. So I've been out a little under a year, and I'll have
transferred on a bus, a plane, and now a boat! I guess it's fair to
say that Elder Woodhouse is sharing the gospel everywhere! As for my
companion, I'll be returning to the MTC era, and working with Elder Jo
for the next six weeks. Fair to say I'm excited, very sad to leave
Okinawa, but excited.

Besides the crazy news about transferring, we also have the great news
about Sachiko and Takuya. Last week, Elder Ishizu and I had the chance
to go meet with them at their house, and have a family home evening
with their family, which includes both of them, and Takuya's younger
brother and sister. It was great, because they already feel like
members. Walking into their house, I felt completely at home, I could
feel the love they all had for each other, and for our Savior. It felt
good. That's why we teach the gospel, to help families that didn't
have those feelings develop them, and to help those that were already
their, like the Maruyama's, make those relationships eternal.

One of our mother investigators, Yudai Miyagi, also had great news
last week, as he passed one of his big English tests. I'd go into more
detail about why it's important, but I don't really understand either,
so suffice it to say it's great for him. As we all helped him study
for it beforehand, he also came to us on various occasions and we
prayed together for his success. I know and he knows that God heard
and answered every one of those prayers. As He helped Yudai with what
was important to him, He has helped me with numerous personal things,
big and small in my life, and He will help every single one of us, if
only we have the faith to ask.

That about covers the big news from last week. I'm sad to leave it
behind. Okinawa has had amazing members and faith filled missionaries.
I've been blessed to see the hand of God guiding this His work here.
It is His work, and He is personally involved. Our Father in Heaven
loves each and every one of His children so much, and the only thing
we have to do is turn ourselves into His instruments. It's tough, but
I promise it's the most rewarding thing we can do.

Love you all,
Elder Mitchell Woodhouse







No comments:

Post a Comment