Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Week 56: August 28, 2017 - Actually doing things for my birthday!

Thanks to everyone, once again for the birthday wishes! It's great to
realize that I'm actually older, even if it doesn't feel like it at
all!

But, in case anyone was left fearing, I did manage to eat cake for my
birthday. Every Monday night we run a family home evening activity at
the church as missionaries, and sometimes we will make food. For some
reason, I had a cake mix that somebody had sent me before, so we made
American cake, tried making more from scratch, played games, and
shared a spiritual message, as any good family home evening does, with
varying kids that we were able to invite. The odd thing was that none
of the parents ended up staying with their kids, rather, dropped them
off and came back, but the kids still get to learn from the
missionaries.

Elder Jo and I also had the chance to meet the Matsuyama family again,
after running into them last week. It was a crazy first contact,
because we knocked on her door, and it was as if we were best friends.
But neither Elder Jo not I had ever met the lady before. Long story
short, she knew the missionaries about a year ago, before her son was
born, but then got busy with family, and lost track of them. So it was
our pleasure to continue that relationship, and she was more than
happy to listen. And, way excited to read the Book of Mormon, and come
to church, almost before we could even ask. It amazing how God will
use us as his tools, to help His children, sometimes without us even
knowing. For me, it was just an experience of one of the times I've
seen myself as part of His plan in an immediate area.

Lastly, we got to meet and eat dinner with one of our Eikawa students
last week. It always amazes me at the kindness and memory of these
people, as she told us stories about old missionaries, while making
enough food for 10+ people. Another blessing of the Lord that we felt.

That's all for this week, but I'm very grateful for all that everyone
has done, said, and sent me. I love you all!

Elder Mitchell Woodhouse






No comments:

Post a Comment