Sunday, August 20, 2017

Week 55: August 21, 2017 - One Year in the Service of the Lord

Hey everybody!

Thank you all so much for all the letters and mail you sent my way for
my birthday. It's a crazy reminder to me that I actually have a
birthday, and that I've been a missionary for a little over a year
now. My last birthday was in the MTC, and it fair to say that I've
learned a lot since then. As the primary song says, "One year older,
and wiser too!", and being on a mission has definitely helped with
both parts of that. I've had the chance to see many miracles and the
Lords hand among His children in Japan, and I'm extremely grateful for
the chance I've had to be here.

With that noted, the past week has been another opportunity to work on
the beautiful island of Amami! Sadly, we haven't been able to teach as
much as we have wanted to, but there is still satisfaction in talking
to everyone. And, the best feeling is when you know that you were able
to brighten someone's day. It's not always the miraculous instantly
baptized person that you find, but it's the small things, the grandmas
living alone, the kids having a bad day, that we get to just light up.
I know that this is a gospel of light, and in all ways, shapes, and
forms to be able to share that every day is amazing.

We also had interviews with President Egan, and that is always a great
experience. One of the focuses we have had as a mission, and one of
the things he reemphasized was the need for love. As we find ourselves
filled with love for the Savior, we will learn of him, preach of him,
and live like him in ways we didn't even imagine possible. I know that
the days I remember why I am here, that I love the Savior, I love his
joy, I am able to forget about me, forget about everything but the
people I get to help. It's amazing.

Lastly, we also found a snake! Without pausing to learn what type of
snake it was, we quickly left, but that's our last bit of news for
today!

Love you all!

Elder Mitchell Woodhouse


No comments:

Post a Comment