Friday, August 10, 2018

Week 104: July 29, 2018 - 24th from Japan

Hey everyone!

It was the 24th of July! Even though you would never expect the
holiday celebrating pioneers to make it out of Utah and Idaho, find
peace in knowing that missionaries across the world still remember it!
Granted, we didn't do anything special, besides teach eikaiwa, but it
was in our thoughts, which I guess is where everything starts.

After that bit of news, I honestly don't have much to report on. It
just felt like a good week of being a missionary. We got to tract,
talk to college kids, testify of the Book of Mormon, focus on the
importance of the restoration, and look at how the gospel fits into
our own lives. I think one of my favorite moments was just Sunday
morning, before church, as Elder Burr and I stopped in a park to write
our testimonies in a Book of Mormon we were giving to a professor from
Pennsylvania.  It was just one of those actions that felt good, that
felt right. We also met up with a man named Tateba, who was here for
work until Sunday, so we met him in a park and unfolded the Plan of
Salvation. Just experiences where I fully felt that I was fulfilling
my calling to teach the gospel to all the world.

Besides that, my last thought is just on revelation. I've had a lot of
time to think and study on my mission, and one of the conclusions is
that God wants to teach us. He will freely reveal the secrets of
heaven to those who desire and search, if we would only put in the
effort. It's taken a lot of studying, but I know that if we feel it as
the desire of our heart, He will guide us, as He led the Israelites of
old. Makes being a missionary, and really just going through life,
that much easier.

Love you!
Elder Woodhouse




No comments:

Post a Comment