Thursday, August 9, 2018

Week 83: March 4, 2018 - Almost Conference!

Hey everyone!

I guess it might be a little early, but I realized when Elder Smith
and I were looking at transfer goals that it's almost general
conference! I think that it has become one of my favorite times of the
year, because it's when God speaks to us personally, through His
servants. There are so many people that I have talked to that say they
would be interested in talking to God, to hear what He has to say. And
this is one of those chances! As we prepare, the Spirit will bring
into our hearts exactly what we need personally, thus teaching as the
Savior does. His ministry, in Jerusalem and now, is one by one. Even
though there are billions of people, He still knows us and teaches us
one by one, which is amazing. So of course, I'm excited for the chance
to learn (not that we don't do that everyday).

It's also been great to work and learn with Elder Smith. Tracting has
been a little slow recently, so we've had a lot of time to talk, to
discuss the gospel and how it relates to us. And it feels like we've
been talking for more that a week! If that's any sign of God guiding
this work, I've felt connected to my last few companions on more than
just a surface, we get to work together level. Rather, this is someone
I've known, that I've gone through almost the exact same things I can
see him going through, and I get the feeling that that feeling is vice
versa. It's amazing to work under the divine hand and guidance of our
Father in Heaven every day.

But there are also times when it's sad. I think the most disappointing
thing is meeting people that have used their agency to give up. In the
past week we met a couple people that you can tell need joy, need
light in their lives. This gospel has brought nothing but light into
my life, that's why I'm spending this time to share it, so we share,
we testify, and we invite them to act. And you can see when people
start to understand, to grasp a little of what God is telling them.
But for whatever reason, they choose not to try. It's like the
children of Israel and the brazen serpent. Not a single thing can
separate us from Gods love, nothing can keep Him from reaching out to
us. It's impossible. And to know that, to have the faith that no
matter how hard the road seems, no matter how dark life may be, that
it's impossible to sink farther than Christs atonement can reach, is
something I've grown to treasure. That is what helps in the end. As I
said, how amazing to work, to live, with this knowledge.

Love you all, keep working hard and enjoy the Easter season!
Elder Mitchell Woodhouse






No comments:

Post a Comment