Thursday, August 9, 2018

Week 91 - April 29, 2018 - Fukuoka!

Hey Everyone!

It's been another week of miracles and progress from Kumamoto. We met
some cool people, taught a couple good lessons, and learned a lot, but
the start of all of it was on Tuesday, when we had interviews with
President and Sister Egan. I guess, interviews for the zone, because
Elder Swapp and I had a driving interview on the way back to Fukuoka,
where we had the chance to junkai with the APs, Elder Snyder and Elder
Walbeck. But everyone was able to come away from the day with a person
testimony of what the Lord needs them to learn. I've been blessed time
and time again with personal advice through President Egan, and it's
amazing to realize that we operate under the direction and authority
of God.

But that wasn't even the best part of the week. On Tuesday and
Wednesday I got to work with Elder Snyder up in Fukuoka, which is
honestly the first time I've even got to dendo there. It was nonstop
action. We streeted around the city, and he literally stopped
everyone. And I mean everyone. I know we have this image of
missionaries, but sometimes the guy running down the street, or the
one eating a sandwich, or any other things possibly happening will
disqualify them from hearing the gospel on our minds. But if I were to
summarize the junkai, it's that I learned there is so much more I can
do. The bar, which I thought I was near, is now much, much higher, but
because of that, it gives me more room to jump. Time I can
reconsecrate, things I can talk about more (which as always boils down
to the Book of Mormon and Christ), and just more I can give. This week
was my testimony in a good leader, because Elder Snyder made me want
to do more, for the right reason, and, it worked!

As we came back, Elder Valdivia and I started the hardest, and more
exciting, work that I've done in Kumamoto yet. We talked to so many
people, and it ended up with countless good conversations with young
people interested in the gospel. As of now, we haven't set the golden
return appointment, but both the seed of testimony in their hearts and
mine has been planted. I know that this is the most important work on
the earth, and to have the chance, each and every day, to participate
in it is not measurable.

Love you all!
Elder Woodhouse




No comments:

Post a Comment