Thursday, August 9, 2018

Week 92 : May 7, 2018 - Sad news...

Hello from Japan!

From all of the emails I've got, it is indeed a sad day when someone
we love passes. To realize that Grandpa Mitchell has now continued on
his journey, and won't be there when I get home, is an odd thought. He
was a great role model, and always had a smile on his face. I don't
think I realized as a kid how much he was going through, because he
always made time for us. We had games and candy, he dusted off the BB
guns and the fishing poles, just to help us smile more. I'll miss his
guidance a lot.

I think that takes the cake for news this week, but among other things
that happened is transfers! After 5 weeks, Elder Valdivia will be
leaving for Hiroshima, and Elder Burr will be coming in as my new zone
leader companion, and actual companion. Elder Swapp is also taking off
to Fukuoka, and Elder Larson will replace him. So I just lost half of
my apartment, but we have some great people coming in on Thursday.
More on them next week after they get here.

From an investigator standpoint, Nomoto is still doing great. He is in
the tough spot where he loves church, loves learning, and has a
personal relationship with our Father in Heaven, but he's a minor, and
so he can't get baptized quite yet. Of course, this is Gods plan for
individuals and families, and so we are excited to help him keep
embracing the blessings God desires to bestow upon all of us. We also
had an ekaiwa student come to church, simply because he likes the
feeling at church. It's his third or fourth time coming in the past
months, so it's really cool to see how the spirit is working in his
heart.

With that, it's just been a good week going out and talking to
everyone. This is Gods true work, to bring us together with our
families together forever. It's through the priesthood that has been
restored to the earth that we can perform these ordinances, and I will
be eternally grateful for the blessings it has brought to my life.

Love you all!
Elder Woodhouse


No comments:

Post a Comment