Thursday, August 9, 2018

Week 88: April 9, 2018 - Kumamoto

For the first time in forever, hello from mainland!

I made it up to Kumamoto Thursday night, after only a short plane ride
and a bus trip off of Ishigaki. With the transfer, I went from a
district of 4 missionaries to 8, and a zone of 24 I'll meet on
Thursday during zone training meeting. And there are sister
missionaries! It's been 6 transfers since I've worked with anyone
outside my apartment, and now we've got all resources necessary at our
disposal. A huge city (relative to where I've been), lots of
missionaries, and a stellar ward from the people I've met so far. A
fun fact from that is my branch President from Omuta is actually a
member of the Shimizu ward, which neighbors Tsuboi, so when we met up
for Conference I got to meet him and his wife again. It's crazy to
think that it's been a year since I met them last. But I guess that's
how time works.

My companion now is Elder Valdivia, who is from Utah, but 1/4 Japanese
and 1/4 Peruvian. He's a way funny guy, really likes music and
basically everything, and we've got along great so far. Lots to learn
from him, and lots to accomplish. Because of Conference, we haven't
met that many of our investigators yet, but we did go dendo with a
recent convert, Yuichi Kyodai. Again, its a miracle to be able to
transfer, and be dropped into a place where the work continues without
a hitch.

In a similar fashion, as everyone has seen, watching President Nelson
be sustained as the Lords Prophet was amazing, and proceeded amazingly
smoothly. Under his direction, we have so many amazing changes coming
forth, focused on unity, repentance, and revelation, which I'm sure
will be the building blocks of our personal conversion and drawing
unto the Savior.

Besides that, honestly not much to report. It's an honor to be out,
and sharing my testimony every day is a blast!

Love you all,
Elder Mitchell Woodhouse






No comments:

Post a Comment